About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

REBUILDING AND REJOICING

So I am on vacation (holiday) in Ireland and have been swept away by the wind at the Cliffs of Moher, but also by the intense beauty and haunting history of the monastic ruins. I can't tell you all about it now, but stay tuned, when I return home I will write about each site and the experience of walking, praying and being there. High crosses, friaries, monasteries, oratories, burial sites; all simply stunning. For now let me say that God has challenged the picture of my childhood as a place of desolation.


Medicine from Holy Scripture:
"And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolation and they shall repair the ruined cities, the desoltations of many generations." Isaiah 61:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment