About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

SWIRLING

I sit in the crisp morning air waiting; slowly I stretch my tiny feet to reach the sandy earth below and begin again. Every movement is purposeful, timed, exact, creating the perfect tension as I touch down and make the swing coil tight as a spring. Suddenly the intensity breaks as I fly out of control spinning wildly in the air unaware of the world around me, swirling as if in a centrifuge that could sift and sort things. Breathless I stop, but order is not restored, no one is there to push me and so I swirl again in the chaos of childhood. My own children have no need of such a ride, such a thrill, though they may enjoy it life doesn't demand it. I am here to hold their shoulders, giggling and laughing as the leaves dance around us they scream, "Mommy, push me again." My hands rest gently on them as I carefully send them flying straight and free.

Is there some place in your life where you feel forsaken? If so, take heart, ask God to show you where this pain comes from and invite Him into that loneliness. He longs to touch your heart with His unfailing love.



Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget you, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palm of My hand." Isaiah 49:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment