About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

ICE OUT

Ever heard the term, "frozen rage"? I remember years ago someone accusing me of harboring it and I laughed because I was unaware of the smoldering volcano full of years of hidden hurts. I am just now understanding how I am wired and what my heart has been through. Loss of parents and a sibling, grown children leaving home, dear friends dying, aunts dying, friends moving, all the chaos of mid-life and its swirling questions trip up internal wires to unprocessed feelings, like some landmine that was never safely detonated.

This has been a long season of setting off the raging minefield in my soul. Under the surface was unrecognized anger and each new devastation tripped me up exposing the grief, fear and fury. Finally, streams of living water are melting thin ice and life is being restored. Winter is nearly over.

I wonder about your story and how it affects you as you live, move and have your being.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Then I became in His eyes as one who had found peace." Song of Solomon 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment