About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

TERROR'S UNCALCULATED UPSET

"How are you dealing with all the tragedy?" someone asked. A friend's father died, another friend's brother and then there were the bombs and explosions, and my inner world crumbled just a little. Reeling from nonsensical suffering and inexplicable horror I needed a place to find comfort and safety for the frightened side of me; I went to church. "The Lord be with you." That alone is enough to calm my little girl's heart. He will be with me and, though I cannot make rhyme nor reason of the insanity, I can hold on. Someone shelters me and His love is unfailing.

Do you have a refuge in times of trouble?

Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"Nothing could move a person so beloved and who had enjoyed so much providence over him... Do not then be doubtful, if then beaten we get the better of our beaters, if driven out we overcome our persecutors, if dying we put the living to flight. For when you take the power and also the love of God into account...one might learn that those who plotted against them had a war not against men, but against that invincible Might."  St Chrysostom Epistle to the Romans Homily XV NPNF 1.11 pg 456

No comments:

Post a Comment