About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

ENOUGH OF THE STORMS

"Red in the morn' sailors take warning." The deep fuchsia of the dawn lit the fire of another day, one filled with fresh snowfall. Feet are piling up now as we are buried under the weight of nature's glory; I want to rejoice in God's storehouses of snow, but I am tired and a little soul weary.

 
The grey of the day has somehow entered in and I long for sun and refreshment and a break from the elements. I want Someone to renew His creation... the world and me. I am hard to live with and hard to please, my emotions are jagged and fragile, as if the icicles have pierced my heart and left me bleeding raw frustration and each flake that falls adds a weight my heart can no longer bear. It is as if the nest of my heart holds all the snow of all the storms of the whole winter.

Today as I prayed the simple words came:

"When you are hurting do not hurt others, bring Me your pain." 

I am not well-versed with the Almighty, He says things and I do not always know how this is to be done. How can one, "bring pain to God?" I carry this heavy heart to Him and He holds me and my cares.

I did see myself for a minute climb up to God's altar and lay everything there: myself, my relationships, children, cares and concerns. God simply whispered, "Ask Me to take care of your nest, brush away the snow and trust in Me." I had forgotten that He is the One who creates, loves, sustains and renews.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young- a place near your altar."
Psalm 84:3

No comments:

Post a Comment