About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

MY FATHER'S WORDS

Rain pelted us for days as the earth was watered by heaven's storehouses; the ground soaked up the needed refreshment even as the pavement was like a bounce house for raindrops. I wonder what is thirsty in our souls? In the dailiness of life we miss what brings us life. Jesus tells us He came, "That we might have life and have it  to the full." John 10:10 and yet we seem to pave over our souls with busyness and technology so that life-giving water cannot reach us. We leave our gadgets and social media lonely, confused, connected to the cloud, but not planted by a stream of living water. Psalm 1:3

As a  little girl my father called me, "sweat pea." What does your Father call you? Isaiah is full of the Father's words for us, like a rain shower of love from heaven, listen to Him calling:

~"I will sing for the one I love, a song about his vineyard." Isaiah 5:1

~"You are precious and honored in My sight and I love you... do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:4-5

~"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

~"Give ear and come to Me; hear Me , that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love." Isaiah 55:3

God pours His love into our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit, yet we do not always hear His love.

Ask Him today, the Father to the fatherless, to open your heart to His love. It may be a downpour.

Feeling needy, parched, thirsty? Let the love of God saturate your very being.

"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water , and the parched ground into springs...so that people may see and know , may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it." Isaiah 41:17-18, 20

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
 that we might be called children of God."
1 John 3:1





No comments:

Post a Comment