About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, June 27, 2014

HOME



Come home to 
Me, child,
welcome Me in.
Open the door 
of your heart.
Allow Me entrance there.
I come full of grace and truth;
to bring the fire of My love,
to light the depths of your soul.


I am nourished by grace and mercy in ways my mind cannot grasp, but my soul cannot live without. God invites me home, He longs to give me rest: "Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 6:11 When the older boys, men actually, come home I let them sleep until they are rested. It is pure gift; I long for their bodies and souls to catch up with the journey each has been on. 

Our recent guests enjoyed pancakes, fresh picked strawberries and baked doughnuts. I find great joy in feeding others, in creating spaces where they feel refreshed and their bodies restored. And conversation. I pray continually that all we say and do in our home brings hope and healing, that we are grounded in truth and connect by God's grace. 

Is this then God's heart? To bring us His love, giving us rest and joy in His presence and strength for our way if it is weary.

Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"For He was not, we know, a healer to bodies only, but a curer also of the soul." 
John Chrysostom Fourth Century




No comments:

Post a Comment