About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SAFELY NESTLED IN





Just outside my sun room window the world of nature wakes to nurturing. The goslings have arrived in all their fluffy splendor and I marvel at how they follow. One set of parents seems to have it down pat but the other are circling their young in frantic hope of keeping them in line. I wonder if God looks at me this way? As my Abba Father, does He chase after me and try to reign in my wandering heart and wayward ways? 


He actually tells me He is my soul's shelter and refuge. "Show the wonder of your great love, You who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."  Psalm 17:7, 8 Sitting under Someone's wings isn't my strong suit, I would much rather fly the coop than stay sheltered somewhere until the storm or flurry has passed and I am safe.

"He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4 

This closeness, where God's feathers touch me, is terrifying. I feel for the little birds who are sitting under the robin, she is on them day and night; so my Father in heaven is protecting me. The Lord, the God of Israel, is the One under whose wings I have come to take refuge; in distress or danger, I am kept safe.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture;


"You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself." Exodus 19:4


No comments:

Post a Comment