About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

SO FAR TO GO






"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12

I never really considered how far the east was from the west until yesterday. We woke early, before five, delays, trouble pushing off from the gate, an unexpected injury the day prior caused our communication through the day to be awkward and tense. All these details weighed in my mind, the work of it all: moving oneself from here to there and the effort to manage bags and provisions;  I wondered,  "is my Lenten journey much the same?" 

I come from afar off, the landscape shrouded in white and here I am, a world away with palm trees, greenery, blue sky and a fog named Karl that rolls in off the ocean each day. Friends, family, meals and laughter all speak of intimate connection, but traveling was the price.


So my soul begins her joureney of Lent on the Pacific, with children gathered, sights to see and bags to unpack. Interiorly I am ready and even eager to unpack the weight of sins I have carried: Pride, anger, self-reliance, idolatry just to name a few.


Have you looked  in the baggage you have and asked God what needs to go?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"The Lord is slow is compassionate and gracious, and slow to anger, abounding in love."
Psalm 103:8

No comments:

Post a Comment