About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

LENT'S SONG

"This I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
                                       Lamentations 3:21-23


Sunday was beautiful, we gathered as a family in church; it was precious singing the same songs, hearing the same Word and worshipping together. A haunting song of renewal has been running like an undercurrent in my soul ever since. It was a gift from God for Lent, a reminder that this journey is about His mercy and grace and my willingness to go to Him.

Maybe this will be a gift for you as well:

To Thee I Come

"To Thee I come, a sinner poor, and wait for mercy at Thy door; Indeed I've nowhere else to flee; O God be merciful to me! To Thee I come, a sinner weak, and scarce know how to pray or speak; from fear and weakness set me free; O God be merciful to me!

To Thee I come, a sinner vile; upon me Lord bestow a smile. Mercy, through blood, I make my plea, O God be merciful to me! To Thee I come, a sinner great, Thou knowest well my awful state; yet full forgiveness is with Thee; O God be merciful to me!

To Thee I come, a sinner lost, for I have none but Thee to trust; But where Thou art, Lord I would be; O God be merciful to me! To glory bring me, Lord at last, and there, when all my fears are past, with all Thy saints I'll then agree; O God was merciful to me!"
       
                            Samuel Medley (1738-1799)    Clint Wells,  2010

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Even now, declares the Lord, "Return to Me with all your heart...return to the Lord, your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love."

                                                                    Joel 2: 12, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment