About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

ADVENT'S EXILE


Heaviness sufficates my soul. I can't see my way to love and light and God in the mist. Fear hangs heavy in hearts and minds; despair grips some as they grasp for hope in the dark. My feet are walking Advent, but my heart is far behind.


"Come, Child, sit with Me awhile. Take a seat at the table and learn from Me. You are looking for light in dark places, for love where love is not yet present. You long to find Me in situations, but it is My chidlren who bring My love, light and Presence. If you abide in Me and I in you, you will have joy. The sorrow you feel is your exile." When the burdens are heavy, the regret unending, the sin startling, the alienation alarming, pour your heart out to Me. Root yourself in My love and not bitterness. Give way to holy grief as I enter in." 




Morning fog grips me, but turning to gaze within I find light. Have you found Him?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:


" 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to me, and I will lsiten to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you and I will bring you back from captivity,' says the Lord."


Jeremiah 29:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment