About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

ADVENT'S PRAYER


Father, you say, "if I remain in You and you in me I will bear much fruit,"
that, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, 
 faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22
You also say, "Apart from You I can do nothing." John 15:5

How, Father, do I do this?



"Listen, My Child, and walk close to Me. Love covers a multitude of sins... yours and others, see everything with My eyes of love: every interaction, every moment, every person, every thing you put your hands to. Let My love fill you, frame your perspective, inform your thoughts and actions. Remain in My love and the pain will turn to prayer, the hurt to tears that soften your heart towards others and even the list in your hands will turn to love when you  give it to Me. Your list is long because you love much. Love without the list, love from the heart and your actions will follow."

"Be love."



God, let me worship you in spirit and truth this Advent.

Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"He who upholds the world lieth in a manger, and He who careth for all things is a nursling in swaddling bands. The Temple is founded and God dwells therein. And wise men come and straight away worship Him..."

St. John Chrysostom    Fourth Century




No comments:

Post a Comment