About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A TRAVELING SONG

The theme of my childhood was grief and deep sadness, but there is a time and season for everything; if we have ears to hear we can learn new melodies.
 
My Father
takes your hand
and opens your heart
to His
A native language
pours forth:
love
blessing
honor
grace
mercy
kindness
 joy
peace
safety
security
replace your soul's
shifting sand.
 
dhallenbeck Munich 2013
 
Medicine from Sacred Scripture:
 
"The Lord lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a  rock, and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:2, 3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment