About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

YOUR LIFE IS SPEAKING

Meandering through the Altepinakothek  in Munich I listened to the introductory audio tape, "Let the paintings speak to you."  I wonder if we take the time, in the rush of our busy days, to let our lives speak to us?

Sun streams in
shelter here
in the light
of My love.
 
Open your eyes
 look around you.
Listen
to the story
of your life.
 
Light bursts
forth amidst
the darkest night.
 
dhallenbeck Munich April 2013
 
We cannot always walk in shadows, we must ask God to show us the light and seek something- Someone- beyond ourselves to give us strength, grace and hope.
 
Medicine from Sacred Scripture:
 
"Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment