About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

ADVENT'S ANGELS



Botticelli's Madonna. Glory and beauty pours into Mary's heart as the angel Gabriel descends and frightens her, makes astonishing announcements, and then he leaves her to live her ordinary extraordinary life. I wonder did she sense the heavenly presence in her days expecting her first born Son? And when He was born into the world, did she see angels hovering?

I miss the angels at times, I miss the holy in the ordinary. His presence and peace within is muted and muffled by the push and pull of the weight of the world. Why, I wonder, do I carry these burdens when the burden carrier comes and carries me.

The handmaiden of the Lord carries the Shepherd who carries and leads her.


"See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, 
and His arm rules for Him. 
See, His reward is with Him
 and His recompense accompanies Him.

He tends His flock like a Shepherd: 
He gathers His lambs in His arms and He carries them close to His heart; 
He gently leads those who are with young." 
Isaiah 40:10-11

The Savior comes announced by angels and worshiped by the same. Am I aware of the angels' presence in my days (they are ministering spirits sent to serve us Hebrews 1:14)?

And do I feel the beat of the Shepherd's heart as He carries me.


Medicine from Sacred Scripture:


"When God brings His first-born into the world, He says, 
'Let all God's angels worship Him.'" 
Hebrews 1:6









No comments:

Post a Comment