About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

THE KISS

"Why does the sun shine in the morning when I want to sleep?" Appropriate question for a teen at noon on the first day of the New Year. "Why does the sun shine at all?" Another teenage query. Really, can she be serious?

Then the question sinks into my soul. Why does the sun shine on the good and the bad? How can the sun go on shining when wars are being fought, people are dying and children suffering? I wonder. And the sun seeps further in. Some places are so dark in our lives: we want answers and we have none; we want a path, but we lose our way; we want health and we are sick; children and we have none or one to have and hold and love eludes us.

The kiss of the morning sun on that sleepy daughter is priceless; all her days the sun will wake her and wakes me and you just the same. We may not see it, but there is a strong Hand guiding us and a bright new day awaiting us whether we greet it with sleepy eyes, a weary soul, a ready smile- we choose to wake and lift our faces. Will I lift my eyes to my Creator in thanks and praise, allowing my heart to be lit by His light and love, or when my path is difficult will my heart walk in darkness?


Medicine from Holy Scripture:
"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5

1 comment: