About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

BUBBLE WRAP

I threw the few scattered belongings I had grabbed into the backseat of my Volvo XC90 and descended the steep snowy road and headed home; selling our mountain house fully furnished left very little to be packed up, but still, I needed bubble wrap. My beautiful blue pitcher and bowl broke with my hurried handling. 

How like my life. I try to rush through every move, even the natural rhythm of moving through each day. I am impatient and harsh and my fragile heart breaks with my rough handling of myself. Kneeling in prayer the other day I saw the little things wounding me: words that hurt, days that are too cold, a need for direction, feelings I can't understand. God whispered, "Let Me wrap you in Divine love and embrace and give you the protection you need. I want My love of you to inform all your actions and reactions. Move and live and have your being from a sense of My Holy handling of you and those in your life, then the words, the hurts, the trials, the misunderstandings won't hurt you so deeply."

Who's handling your heart and hurts? Trust the One who longs to wrap you in love

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you." Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment