About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

TIES OF LOVE

I wonder what has broken your heart recently? Not everyone is walking around with their heart bleeding on their sleeve, but how many of us carry pain over our loved ones, their choices, their anguish, or even our own suffering? I don't have an answer, but I have a question.

What if God wants to bind up your broken heart? What if you sat still in His Presence and told Him everything that hurts inside of you and around you? I did this recently and I wept in God's arms. Not literally, of course, but as I spoke of my pain in prayer tears fell as He showed me it was time for heart surgery. With cords of kindness He gently sewed together the broken parts of my heart and life with the ties of His love; He tied up the loose ends- sorrow, expectation, disappointment and grief. Letting Him so close to my heartache doesn't change the circumstances, it changes me; some pain I surrendered to Him and what remains doesn't cut to the core of who I am, doesn't define me. My questions about suffering don't unravel me now, they still me and cause me to look up, not in, for the grace, truth and courage to face another day.

Medicine from Holy Scripture:
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted..."
Isaiah 61:1

"It was I who healed them, I led them with cords of human kindness with ties of love." Hosea 11:3, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment