About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, January 7, 2013

THE TYPEWRITER

How we perceive things that happen in our daily life and the way we frame our own history affects how we live. I woke this morning with a challenge ringing in my heart: what if my story isn't just my story, what if what happens to me isn't just about me?What if we have been given the job of recording and remembering and living in a way that tells God's story?

 It sounds so trite and religious and unimportant, but it is a huge shift to live as if I have always been loved and always will be, as if I am enough and don't need to keep on striving and achieving, as if God has been and always will be with me. If I could place a typewriter in my soul with the words, "Good News" in bold ink it might help me change my perspective on so many experiences. The good news which brings comfort, joy and peace is, "Immanuel, God with us." He is the same yesterday, today and forever. His love never changes, but our hearts and lives might if we believed this.

Medicine from Ancient Writings:
"Let him come continually to this house of healing, let him hear at all times the laws of the Spirit; for when the devil sees the law of God written in the soul, and the heart become tablets to write it on, he will not approach anymore. (let) the King's writing be stamped by the Holy Ghost on a mind loving God, and bright with abundant grace."
St. John Chrysostom Homilies on St. John Homily III.1 NPNF14.10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment