About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A GIFT?

A precious friend I know received this gift; she said, “God has been telling me He has a gift for me for over a year and I have just now lifted the lid from the gorgeous box.” Her drawing comes from her time in prayer last week. The beautiful gifts spilling from the heart of God are unique to each of us. Each butterfly represents something for you~ joy, hope, peace, love. What is it you are in need of this day? He has come, Emmanuel, God with us.

As I thanked her for sharing the drawing she said, “When I see you I see the box.” I shy away from this perception, and yet, I wonder. When we draw close to God He draws close to us and gives this beautiful box filled with all His goodness. Then He asks me, “Can you let Me in and allow Me to fill you?” As I love in His love I hold joy and peace and grace for others. I become, in the smallest tiniest way, a sliver of the mystery of the incarnation. Christ in me, the hope of glory, (Colossians 1:27), spilling out onto other’s lives and sharing the gifts God has for them.

This is the gift. His very Self...His love for us, His joy, His peace. Come to Him and receive your gifts; come in your joy, come in your pain, come in your sorrow. Come in your loneliness and your laughter. He longs to give you Himself. He is your peace, your shield, your provider, your strong tower, your hope, your consolation. He is your comforter, your Savior. Draw close to the One who holds your life in His hands and accept all He offers this Advent season.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows.”  James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment