About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

SKATING WITH GOD

"I see your coming and going. I know when you rise and when you do not. You came to this sacred space, this holy silence, but what I desire for you is a holy silence within, an assent to the incarnation. And will you let the dear Christ enter in? Your world waits and I want to bring My glory through you. There is no other who can do My bidding as you."

I prefer prayer where I am skating around the distant all-powerful God asking Him to do my bidding. It is unnerving when He begins the conversation. I sort of wish I had left my journal safely on the floor. Why must God speak that way?

“An assent to the incarnation”? Can it be that Luke’s gospel account of Zechariah’s encounter with the angel tells me more about the incarnation than I care to know. God longs to speak, first of all. He also wants to act in and through me, though I am often ignorant and stubborn, He will act just the same. If He must silence Zechariah what must He do to get my attention?


Send His Son, born of a Virgin, to save me from my sin. The Holy Spirit asks, “Will I let the dear Christ enter in?” Since I wrote yesterday the words have haunted me. There is so little ready in my soul, so much noise and clutter. “Good News of great joy that will be for all the people… there is born to us, in Bethlehem, a Savior. He is Christ the Lord.” Lord of me. This indeed is Good News.


Have you need of a Savior? A Lord to lead and guide you?


Medicine from Sacred Scriptures:
“I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time.” Luke 1:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment