About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, December 23, 2013

CHRISTMAS CALLING

My steps are heavy and slow as we make our way to the manger. I can tell you of all that impedes my way, but your list will be just as long with a different twist, Grief stops me on the way, as I mourn with loved ones who have lost those dear to them; hurry stops me, as ironic as that sounds, as I cannot find the way to God in the rush of the parties and planning and preparation our world demands. All the glad tidings keep me from the great joy.


How do we reconcile, “Peace on earth, good will towards men” when we have no idea what this means for us? Peace in our chaos and peace in our grief. Joy in our mourning and hope in despair. In a Babe in a manger the glory of God descends and the love of God, as He became man, illumines our way.


Hush, He is sleeping now, as He will in that storm-tossed boat with His disciples, but that is for another day. Today a Savior has been born who will show us the Father, bring us His love, give us peace and light our way. Can you spare a few minutes to ponder His Presence in this place? He comes meek and lowly, to bend to your need and ransom your heart.


Medicine from Sacred Scriptures:


“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Luke 2:11, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment