About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, February 15, 2013

WALKING IN THE LIGHT OF LENT

A friend of mine goes into the depths of despair during Lent- so much focus on sin and repentance and purifying ourselves can be overwhelming as we look within ourselves and find so little that is holy. So, I decided I would write the forty days of Lent- you may want to follow along if you struggle with the how and why of Lent.

On Ash Wednesday I was marked with ashes that signified I was Christ's own.

 "Do my words and actions tell others I am His? The call of Lent is the call to die to our old way of living," Fr. Don said. I cried through the service as I realized just how much had to die in me to be holy and His. I don't need to stumble around in the darkness of my old ways- anger and frustration and resentment; I can let them go in the light of Lent. I can embrace the One who is called the Light of the world and ask Him to take my hand this Lenten season and lead me in holiness.

So every day of Lent I will write a  little thought, snippet or post something from Sacred writing or Scripture that might light your path.

Medicine from Holy Scripture:

"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment