About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, February 18, 2013

HELD

First Sunday in Lent

Snow swirled on the roads as I skidded into church yesterday- a telling picture of my exhausting week: boys' races, teacher conferences, dinners and people commitments had all depleted me. I needed rest.

The heavenly Father quieted the storm in me as I obediently gave Him that time of worship. He held me in His mercy. All the rush, the frantic pace and misplaced priorities melted in the light of His presence. Do you need help, do you need to be quieted by His love? Run into His arms and ask, "Hold me in Your mercy."


Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment