About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LISTENING IN LENT

Wednesday, first week of Lent

The tears streaming down my face betrayed my heart: I could fast outwardly from all sorts of things (meat, dessert, wine, flour, criticism, shopping) but still I could be far from the One who made me. He keeps wooing me and all He asks is for me to hear His call to feed the poor, shelter those in need, loose the bonds, set the captive free. Sometimes the captive is closer than we realize- our own families need the shelter of love, a family member may be caught in addiction, or a friend oppressed by life's demands.

What keeps you from hearing His voice and answering His call?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Is this not the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice, and untie the cords of the yoke, to set  the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer shelter..." Isaiah 58:6, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment