About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, February 15, 2013

SPRING THAW

Sun poured down yesterday in the White Mountains as I watched our boys race. The late winter snow yielded to the warmth of the day. Last week's blizzard dumped plenty of powder for their skiing, but Mother Nature was melting all she had made.

There is so much in my heart that needs a good spring thaw:
~ resentments piling up like ice jams causing structural havoc on the roof of my soul
~daily frustrations settling like a cold snap causing frigidness in my relationships
~fresh onslaughts of cares, concerns and worries which toss me about like a nor'easter
~doubts and fears acting like black ice tripping me up when I least expect it

A winter walk under a dazzling blue sky touched the frozen places in me. What was it that lifted my soul? It was the light. I can choose to lift my face and feel the sunshine warm me and let God's creation remind me: Someone is watching over me.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- He who watches over you will never slumber." Psalm 121:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment