About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, February 25, 2013

HOUSEKEEPING

Tuesday, second week of Lent

Piles of sheets waiting to be washed are the remnants of last week's house guests. I had prepared for their coming with freshly made beds and clean towels. When the guest of our soul is Christ I wonder how we would greet Him; how we would get ready for His arrival? Would we wash windows and mop floors? This "getting ready" is the essence of prayer. Welcoming Christ into a clean house is repentance; even the pile of linen reminds me there is a little work left undone. The preparation of Lent is for God to, "create in us a pure heart." Psalm 51:10

Are there a few items you need to clean out to be ready for Him to enter?


Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"And if you display a pure life the light remains indwelling continually. For He said, 'He that loves me will keep My commandments; and I and My Father will come to him and make Our home with him.'" St. Chrysostom Homilies on John Homily V.4 NPNF14.24

No comments:

Post a Comment