About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A FOREIGN LANGUAGE

Thursday, second week of Lent


 I've still been thinking about what prayer really is. I know it is a conversation with God and listening for His voice as well, but I wonder if it is more? Could it be that prayer teaches us our native tongue? I don't mean the gift of a prayer language, I mean the language of God. As I was meditating on Jesus walking on the water and the call of Peter to, "Come," I had a strange experience.

I imagined myself as Peter and as soon as I put my feet on the water I started speaking in German to Jesus. Here is the interesting thing you need to know- my father spoke German and God whispered to me, "I don't want you to learn your father's native tongue, I want you to learn Mine. My words of love and mercy need to be spoken in your soul."

I wonder what God would say to you if you stepped out of the boat and walked on the water to Him? What would you say to Him?

Medicine from Sacred Scriptures:

"Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment