About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TEARS IN LENT


Jesus weeps over death; the One who comes to bring us new life, weeps. Let this comfort your heart. Jesus declares: "I Am the Resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25 Yet He is mourning and sorrowing with His friends. Jesus holds the tension. He brings life, He knows there is life coming, and yet, He walks in the world filled with sadness and despair and death.

"When Jesus saw Mary weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. Where have you laid him? He asked. 
"Come and see, Lord," they replied.
Jesus wept." 
John 11:33-35



"Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." 
Proverbs 4:23 

In times of inexplicable grief and trauma; we grieve, mourn and weep, but must be careful of what is in our hearts, and be mindful of how we think and believe. We are called to hold the tension Jesus held: He was bringing new life even as He grieved. We accuse God of so many things when tragedy strikes, "Where were you?" As if the God who made us could ever be separated from us.

"Who shall separate us from the love Christ?" Paul asks in Romans, and then goes on to list things..."Shall trouble, or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, not anything else in all creation, 
will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 
Romans 8:35, 37-39





"My Child, I know when the smallest sparrow falls from the sky. Do you really believe I have not seen the tragedy, the senseless lives that were not spared? Trust Me. You cannot understand because My ways are higher than your ways.  I know the suffering and pain causes your heart to rebel against me, but I want you to be quieted by My love, Let ME sing over you. I set My face like a flint towards Jerusalem so that I might make all things new, that I might destroy death and bring Life. Give the ache in your heart for these little ones to Me. Give Me the sadness and sorrow. If the angels of the little children always see the face of My Father, how much more, now,  do these children see the face of My Father. Trust me. Grieve  over evil and death and the world's sorrow and sadness, but hold My love closer to your heart than all this pain. Do not lose sight of My love, the love that led Me to the Garden, to the Cross and to the Tomb. This Love has power to make all things new, to bring life. Know that these little ones are safely in the bosom of their heavenly Father, My Love brought them there."


Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of My Father." 
Matthew 18:10

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered.  So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." 
Matthew 10: 29-31

"I offered My back to those who beat Me, My cheeks to those who pulled out My beard; I did not hide My face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign Lord helps Me I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set My face like  flint, and I know I will not be put to shame." 
Isaiah 50:6, 7

"He was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief."
 Isaiah 53:3

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain for the old order of things has passed away. He who was sitting on the throne said, 
"I am making all things new!" 
Revelation 21:4, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment