About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, March 1, 2013

STAR GAZING

 Friday, second week of Lent

Where do you pray, I wonder? I do some of my best praying outside on cold winter nights looking at the stars through the steam of the hot tub. I have perspective there. God is God and I am just a small person- He always knows this, but I have to be reminded. He who names the stars knows me and all that concerns me. When I get overwhelmed, as a friend reminded me today, I can remember there is One who cares for me and takes my cares- if I will hand them over.

Is there anything that you need to pray through? Some hurt, some challenge, something you have messed up? God longs to change us in prayer- so that our hearts and minds reflect more of His love and mercy in the situations we find ourselves in. Prayer doesn't always change our circumstances, it makes us aware that the God who set the stars in motion is near.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment