About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

FROZEN

Narnia? A friend recently suggested our world, wrapped in winter's robe, looks like C.S. Lewis's land where the White Witch reigned and it was always winter and never Christmas. We have a lamp post out our front door and I couldn't help being reminded of Lucy's meeting with the fawn.

The unknown terrifies and opens our hearts all at the same time.
The fountain I love is frozen solid; no little bird could grasp for a quick drink here, no refreshment in sight, not for months to come. The icicles drape the edges like the trim on an unworn dress, and I wonder. Is this how we make it through the storm, the cold, the days of, "always winter and never Christmas," by patiently waiting for the thaw?

Driving home recently I received this message on the dashboard of my husband's car. I immediately thought of my fountain; I must take care to look inward if I am to survive storms and such harsh conditions.

Child, 
I will come to you 
in glorious light.
Streams of living water
fill your soul.
Here you are to drink,
to feast, to refresh yourself
for a weary world.

Do you need to refuel?

Medicine from Sacred Scriptures:

"Listen, listen to Me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear, come to Me, that your soul may live." Isaiah 55:2-3








No comments:

Post a Comment