About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

NEW YEAR'S INVITATION



Snowflakes piling up as they tumble from the sky fill the air with swirling white. I wonder if memories are like this? Could it be that every meal, every conversation, each picture and playful moment pile up in our minds and we find ourselves wrapped in love as the world is wrapped in white?

Our days have been full of family, friends, food, wonder, and winter. I can barely breathe for the pace of life, and then this verse comes crashing through my calendar.

“From His fullness we all have received grace upon grace.”

I know this is a theological statement about God and His Son, but our theology must be lived in our reality: God comes to us, Emmanuel, and says, “I am here with you- giving you grace upon grace. Draw from My fullness for your emptiness, lean on Me in your weakness, Come to Me and know grace and love.”

The blessing of a family rich in love and time crammed with precious memories like so many snowflakes in a snowstorm trains us to see God and good and love. Some have not had this foundation, so we must share. We come close to the heart of God and find our place in life when we give love and the grace of God so that others might hear the same invitation to receive grace from the fullness of God’s heart.

“From His fullness we have received grace upon grace. The Law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God; it is God, the Only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made Him known.” John 1:16-18

So will you, will I, accept the invitation to grace this New Year?

“I long to flood your life with grace- each moment of every day you can know My Presence with you and dwell close to My heart. I long for the fullness of My love to fill you.Trust Me, Child.”

Medicine from Sacred Scripture

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are.” 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment