About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

THE INVITATION

Set deep in the woods near our home an icy bridge makes a path over the frozen stream; sunlight sends an invitation, "Come this way." Laughing through the snow I realize I haven't been listening or following lately. Sure, on the outside I appear fine to most, but inside the joy and dancing has dwindled in the darkness and doubt.



The shadows of the trees still fall across the path, but they are from without, not within. And this is my challenge: to find a place within my crowded heart and mind to hear the Voice of One saying, "I am with you, I am mighty to save; I take great delight in you, I will quiet you with My love, I will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 It's as if my soul needs hearing aids because my life is so full it cannot hear its Maker.





He knows how I'm wired and helps; silence and nature are essential components as well as the joy of laughter and friendship. Solitude and stillness allow my soul to dance and sing. I wonder, will you and I heed His call and follow, will we take the opportunity to listen as He longs to lead?

Need Someone who knows you to guide you?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:


"The sheep listen to His voice. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. He knows His sheep and His sheep know Him." John 10:3, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment