About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, January 27, 2014

LIGHT

In the early morning glow the day stretches out before me while the moon still hangs on the western sky, as if the sunrise waited for his permission. I have been up for hours sitting with the darkness, unable to see the fringe of the trees for the thickness of the night. Ever feel like you are in the waiting room of the dawn?

  I saw the sky peppered with stars and the moon holding onto its realm of glory, but I don't have a lens on my camera to catch the details. Looking at this picture I am so disappointed, you can see none of the deep beauty, the glorious darkness giving in to the coming day; it was tangible, the movement of darkness and light giving way, one for another.

This is true in my spiritual life; when I cannot see it may be that I do not have the proper lens to detect the deeper realities. "Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the Name of the Lord and rely on His God."Isaiah 50:10


 
Looking through a glass darkly will change the quality of what is captured; be careful of what you perceive in the dark, it may not be the whole picture. Stepping outside, steeped in the frigid air, waiting for the tree tops to be illuminated, I found the best photo. The moon appears like a blurry star,though, instead of a crescent of hope precisely placed by the Creator's hand. We cannot know if our perceptions are accurate until we have more light.

Trust the Mover of darkness to guide you.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:


"For with the Lord is the fountain of life; in your light we see light." Psalm 36:9



No comments:

Post a Comment