About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NEED A FRIEND?

 

Ever just need a cozy fireside chat with a good friend? Something about a conversation with one who understands us and thinks the best of us cheers our hearts and warms us in ways little else can. Someone who journeys with us carries our memories in their hearts as well, and the blessing becomes remembering together the faithfulness and love we have been given.


I imagine God lighting a fire in my soul where He invites me to remember with Him. "See, Child, My mercies are new every morning. I am faithful and true; My love for you is higher than the heavens and deeper than the deepest sea. Come, let Me show you how to live and love and have your being. You cannot lean on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Me and I will direct your path. I will upset your plans, bring more than you think you can handle, but it comes from My hand. Trust Me."

  
It is almost as if God invites us to a daily feast where He longs to, "satisfies us with the finest of wheat." Psalm 147:1 and cheer us with His friendship. When the older boys left home for college our huge family table seemed too big for the four of us, but our youngest insisted that we keep the leaf in because the small table made her miss her brothers more. I wonder if God misses us.


Is there a place in your heart where God could meet you?

Medicine from Sacred Writings:


"By this grace we have become the beloved of God, no longer as servants, but as sons and friends."
John Chrysostom  Fourth Century

No comments:

Post a Comment