About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

THE WORDS OF LENT



I am always choosing a path, are you? The call of Moses keeps ringing in my ears, "choose this day, blessings or curses, life or death." Our words, our actions our very lives live this reality; we bless others or curse them each time we open our mouths. I am becoming painfully aware that not only what I say, but how I say it matters.


 My words. Maybe I'll fast from talking this Lent. "I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do, this I keep on doing." Romans 7:18-19. My words betray my heart.

I guess it comes back to living from love and asking God to make me and remake me every day beginning again and praying that I can be gentle and kind, patient and not easily angered. Why is it that the commands are never about someone else, they are always about our own need and brokenness.

How beautiful, even on this unwelcome journey of self-awareness there is hope. I can know and rely on the love God has for me, trusting Him to help me. I am His child, unruly and stubborn as I am, and He will teach me to be kind.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with 
hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment