About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, March 31, 2014

TOUCHED BY LENT

Soppy, slushy, shivering rain fell all morning as my spirits failed to rise. How interesting. I often wait for someone or something to lift my spirits when I have One of whom I can say, "But You are a shield around me, O Lord; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the Lord I cry aloud and He answers me from His holy hill." Psalm 3:3

I rush, I race, I do not make time for the Holy to touch me. Yet He shields me, still He loves me, wrapping me in His embrace. "My child, let me hold you, draw near; you have no need to worry or fear. I am here and I delight in you." God desires to lift my weary chin, to comfort my lonely heart and bestow His glory on me.

I find I can only crawl through Lent now to my Father's lap and let Him touch my sinful heart and heal my hurtful ways. It seems I am an unlikely soul to come so near His holy hill, yet when I cry out, He not only hears, He draws near.

How is your journey this Lent? Are you elated, deflated? Let God's love rest upon you, embracing your soul.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:


"We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our hope and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment