About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, April 4, 2014

BRIDGES OF LENT


Mercy is like a bridge, it connects us to God and to others. As God pours His mercy on us we are given the grace to go and do likewise. "He has shown you what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8  We have two choices every time we meet, greet or grieve someone- we are compassionate or we judge.  God's requirement is the very essence of a life of love; walls melt under the weight of that kind of grace.

I, on the other hand, have a very different internal wiring. My heart's response is so far from the heart of God; if compassion and forgiveness is God's signature, mine is wary regard. You wouldn't think so if you first met me, but Lent is never about appearances, it is about the heart. 

I am learning my bridges are under construction; my travel has been prohibited to my old wooden path of defensiveness, judgement and hurtful words. I am to walk in His ways, asks for His grace and allow Him to make my heart new. How refreshing to allow mercy to open a new fountain in me, one filled with His grace and kindness.
Trusting and resting in His love and abiding Presence, the thaw begins. "Come to Me and you will find streams of living water flowing from Me to you." Correcting my perceptions in His presence gives the interior freedom to respond with compassion.

More construction in my soul... how is yours going?


Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Show me Your ways, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior and my hope is in You all day long. Remember, O Lord, Your great mercy and love. 
Psalm 25:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment