About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LENT'S FIRE

"Come, I will wrap you in light; you will be warmed by My Presence. The fire of My love will burn bright in your soul."

The invitation is exquisite, isn't it?

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with Me." Revelation 3:19-20 



 Never have I considered the call before the invitation. I want to be invited to dine with God, I'm not too keen on His rebuke and discipline. God calls us to honest relationship where we respond to His voice and submit to His discipline.

Repentance is the call to turn to God, to rend our hearts, to rip them from attachments and illusions restoring them to their rightful owner. Rending is not pretty, it is to remove from place violently, to split or tear apart or in pieces by violence, to lacerate mentally or emotionally. Tear yourself from all that keeps you from God that you might hear His invitation to dine with Him.


The flame that warms also purifies. Have you allowed God to wash you clean this Lent?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"For He will be like a refiner's fire or launderer's soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver." Malachi 3:2-3



No comments:

Post a Comment