About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, April 14, 2014

LENT'S OFFERING

Grace crashes over me, it is the only way for God to reach me. I come to Holy Week feet stumbling, pride crushed, afraid to raise my eyes to heaven for all that I have done and left undone, said and thought. God simply whispers, "I am your light and your salvation. I am the refuge of your life." Psalm 27:1

Allow My love to be a hedge around you, strengthening and giving you the grace you need to live and love. I come to the Father in my weakness, stand in His Presence and hide in His cloak. The weight of His mercy nearly breaks me as He draws near to me, even in my sin. He loves.
In this endless mercy my soul can hope. God asks me not to fear or be dismayed at my sin, for He is my God and He tells me He will strengthen me and help me, even holding me up with His righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 He comes gently, riding on a donkey, ridding me of my sin, taking it away and drawing me to His deep love found on the cross.

 I would look for a love less crushing, He would be broken for me.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture: 

"A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick 
He will not snuff  out." Isaiah 42:3




No comments:

Post a Comment