About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, April 21, 2014

EASTER MONDAY

So many flowers, so many friends, such laughter and food and joy. Easter is longing fulfilled. We look on in the garden at His agony, lulled to sleep by our own weakness; we watch in the courtyard of our lives where we betray Jesus with our words; we stand at His trial shouting, "crucify Him," with our choices; we weep at the cross as He lays down His life for us.

 "I have come that you may have life and have it to the full. I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." John 10:10, 11

What He lays down we are asked to pick up: His life. "I have been crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20  As we live these days of Easter may our lives be defined by Him: His love, His power, and His mercy. His very life is being lived in us as we place our faith in His saving power allowing His goodness and abundant mercy to inform our choices, our thoughts, our loving and living. We no longer live for ourselves, but for Him.

May we live Easter fully alive, awakened by His Divine love.




Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"Let us remain pasturing beneath this Shepherd...For we have a Shepherd who so loves us that He gave even His life for us. When therefore He is both powerful and loves us, what is there to hinder us from being saved?" 

John Chrysostom Fourth Century

No comments:

Post a Comment