About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, April 7, 2014

LENT'S CROWN

Footprints of mercy 
fill my soul 
as the King of heaven 
walks within.
Holy love 
lights the way
Trembling, I follow.

dhallenbeck 





Medicine from Sacred Writings:

"A merciful man is not arrayed in a vest reaching to the feet, nor does he carry about bells, nor wear a crown; but he is wrapped in a  sacred vestment, and is anointed with oil, not composed of material elements, but produced by the Spirit, and he bears a crown of mercies, for it is said, "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits- 
who crowns you with love and mercy."
Psalm 104:1, 2, 4

John Chrysostom    Fourth Century




No comments:

Post a Comment