About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Friday, December 5, 2014

ADVENT'S GIFT



Sometimes Advent doesn't look like what you think it will, take today for example, this day it looks like banana muffins. A friend's husband is deployed, four kids, three still at home, she hit her head and has a concussion; I have Christmas "things" to do and today it is to deliver muffins and a meal. My preparations for Christ's coming must include others, bringing them love and joy and strength through encouragement, There is no other way for the light of God to be shed abroad in the world unless I pick up my small candle and bring hope where I go.



The baked zitti will feed more than one hunger. We are hardly ever looking for merely food when we gather as families, we are longing for love and appreciation and to know we are cared for. When I freely give this, the light of Christ has dispelled some of my darkness. "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over you." Isaiah 61:1, 2
I am not boasting that I have made a meal and lifted a burden from a friend, I share because it is a choice to lay down my, "to do list" and listen to the still small voice of God:

 "You know you have chicken and zitti and cookies and muffins," 
"Yes, Lord, but I am so busy."
 "What you do for the least of these you do for Me." 
"But when Lord, I do not see you here as I struggle through the weight of my own agenda."
"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. If you love me you will keep My commands."
"But I am overwhelmed."
"Feed My sheep."
"yes, Father." 

So Advent comes crashing through my list, my longings, my desires and I make myself available to Him to bring a gift to another.


Where do you feel parched and weak? In need of a Savior?

Medicine from Sacred Scriptures:

"The wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. .. they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts:
"Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution He will come to save." Isaiah 35:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment