About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Monday, December 1, 2014

ADVENT'S ILLUMINING

Guests have come and gone as the bustling, generator-powered Thanksgiving has come to a close. I readied the house for men who previously inhabited little boy bodies to come and make their home with us for a few short days. Together we laughed and shared, cooked and cleaned and made the house a welcome for others. Napkins were folded into beautiful patterns and china and crystal adorned the table. All for guests, all for us to enjoy.

How is it then, that when the King is coming to dwell among us I struggle to make ready a place for Him? I have lists on lists already of all that is to be done before the men-boys arrive again for Christmas. If I can go to such great efforts to prepare for their homecoming, is it possible that I can make my heart a little more ready for the Holy One, the Most High.



Take Mary's, "yes" at  the annunciation. As He condescends to me will I make myself meek and lowly for Him? Will I live and love as He bids me to in the midst of a world weighed down with worry and cares too heavy and burdens too great for my small heart? "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7  

I have been pondering for weeks this mystery of Him, the Son of God, come down from heaven for us, for me; that He would dwell in me is the proof of the power of God to redeem and save, ransom and heal. Anyone at anytime from anything. This Advent join me as day after day we make ourselves ready for the King of Kings to draw near. "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8

During Advent we, "clean house" giving God a holy place to dwell. Join me as we shine the light within.


Medicine from Sacred Writings :

"He tabernacles among us, that we might be able with much fearlessness to approach Him, speak to Him and converse with Him."

Chrysostom Fourth Century Homilies on St. John

No comments:

Post a Comment