About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

BELOVED

Tuesday, third week of Lent

I haven't given up on Lent, I've given up the struggle of Lent- the, "I'll do this, give up that, draw closer to God," kind of approach. I feel as if I have to make myself holy; I can't. I can put one foot in front of the other and make sure my feet are headed in the right direction- towards God and His holiness. He will be the One to purify, encourage, strengthen and help me.

Where are you headed today? Closer to God and His love or are you running from Him?


"For not by laboring and sweating, not by fatigue and suffering, but merely as being beloved of God, we receive what we receive." St Chrysostom Homilies on St. Matthew Homily 1.4 NPNF1; 10,2

2 comments:

  1. Diane,

    Wonderful post!

    Perhaps if our daily lives are focused on "joyfully" doing everything that we do for the glory of God as opposed to focusing on the things we shouldn't do, we find joy, adoration for Christ and live loving humbled lives. This begets more focus upon the Lord and less upon ourselves. And a life spent looking upward instead of down, keeps ours eyes focused on what really matters - Jesus.

    What am I giving up for Lent? Nothing, I already gave it to Christ ;)

    ReplyDelete