About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

TARGET PRACTICE

Friday, fourth week of Lent
 
Last year just before Lent I was holding a gun in a grove of trees in Texas- I was visiting dear friends and their son, a former Marine, taught me how to shoot. I was terrified as I held on and tried to focus, but he kept telling me to look down the barrel of the gun and keep my eye on the target.

For four weeks I have been just missing the mark; the deep call of God is to wash me and remake me, not clean out closets and rooms. Fr Don's words from Ash Wednesday haunt me: "Do my words and actions tell others I am His? The call of Lent is the call to die to our old way of living,"

How has the dying been going?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"He Himself bore our sins on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment