About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

TRUSTING I HAVE ENOUGH

Saturday, third week of Lent

A friend framed a beautiful picture of a nun in pink bathrobe, taken just weeks before she died; I'm pretty sure she had one bathrobe. My mind rummages around in my closet and off the top of my head I count four: the fluffy pink one, the blue silk one- a present from my sister-in-law purchased while she was in China, another pink floral print given to me at the birth of our fourth child, and a long thin robe I have worn once.

Sister Mary Anne was hilarious- if you even mentioned that you liked something she would simply say, "You can have it." I hoard things; I am unsure I have enough. True confession.

Can you join me in looking at your life, your closet, your heart and asking what you can give?

Medicine from Sacred Writing:

"Disperse, therefore, that you may not lose; keep not, that you may keep; lay out, that you may save; spend, that you may gain. If your treasures are to be hoarded, do not you hoard them, for you will surely cast them away; but entrust  them to God, for then no man makes a spoil of them." St Chrysostom Gospel of Matthew Homily V.9 NPNF1; 10.35

No comments:

Post a Comment