About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

PILES

Saturday, fourth week of Lent

 I can't be holy today. In my front entrance there are 25 pairs of shoes- nine sneakers, five winter boots, three cross country ski boots, three dress shoes, and two slippers, Crocs, sandals, a hockey stick and skates; in the sun room five loads of laundry need to be folded and last night's dinner dishes are still in the sink and I have house full of people who want to be fed today. How can I hear the voice of God calling me when I am overwhelmed?

The Father longs to guide me even in this so I will set aside my frustration with the piles of other's belongings and go to the One who will help me respond in love to the weight of the day.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment