About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

FAMILY TIME

Saturday, fifth week of Lent

Wind whistled through the huge pines as I walked in the late afternoon sun, and under the snow the earth was waiting to give new life. Flowers come, drinks are shared, laughter resounds, laundry is sorted, dinners devoured and pies eaten; these memories created today will be strung together like a strand of pearls. I choose joy in what has been placed before me and let go of all the tension, the arguments, the questions without answers and I surrender to the moments of joy and sorrow. Like wind blowing through the air, the power of God brings life and life abundant; I open my heart to the possibilities.

What have you witnessed today?

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment