About This Blog

Come peer through the lens of Sacred Writings and Scripture to know ourselves and be made whole. There is always medicine to apply in our lives: emotional, relational, social and spiritual. My prayer is that the words of the early church and scripture will inform our identity and bring us healing that equips us to know and serve God with all our hearts.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BURDEN -BEARER

Wednesday, third week of Lent

I lifted the carton of eggs off of one of my tall sons- he likes to be efficient so he carries in as many groceries piled on top of each other as he can. The eggs were worrisome, but I rescued them (and him). I do that. I place one thing on top of another in my heart, until I can't see my way.

I wonder what is weighing you down, what you might be worried about?  Let God come and He will gently lift off the fragile items, (cares of family and friends) and the heavier ones (world peace and government policies). Every day empty your arms of all that troubles you and He will embrace you.

Medicine from Sacred Scripture:

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

No comments:

Post a Comment